PROFILE OF COMMANDANT PEDRO AAWILI IDEBA, KWARA STATE COMMANDANT
Ideba Pedro Awili was born on the 30th August, 1967. He hails from Igbo Imabana in Abi Local Government Area of Cross River State.
He completed his primary school Education at the State School II Rumuomasi, Port Harcourt in 1979 and proceeded to the Ascension High School Nchia-Eleme, Port Harcourt where he obtained his WASC/GCE in 1984.
In his quest for academic excellence, he attended the Rivers State University of Science and Technology where he bagged B.Sc. Bus.Edu. Management, B.Sc. Bus. Admin. Management and MBA (Management) in 1989, 1998, 2004 respectively and currently running a Ph.D. Programme in Marketing at the Nnamdi Azikwe University Awka, Anambra State.
He joined the Corps in the year 2000; and out of his keen interest in acquisition and impartation of knowledge basically towards effective and quality service delivery especially in security sector, he attended various security and management courses both home and abroad. Among the courses attended are Management course at Global Analytics (London), Investigation Course at Institute for Security Studies (ISS) Abuja, Weapon Handling at National Intelligence Agency (NIA) and Weapon Training (G3 rifle) at Nigeria Army, Abak Akwa Ibom State just to mention a few.
Based on his vast knowledge, experience and excellent communication Skill, he was invited as a guest lecturer at Nigeria Army, 34 Artillery Brigade on March 2016 with a theme “Contemporary Security Challenges in 34 Artillery Brigade Area of Responsibility, the way forward”.
Prior to his resumption to Kwara Command on 27th April, 2016; he has served in Akwa Ibom, Imo and Rivers State Commands as Commandant with numerous remarkable achievements.
The pragmatic nature and managerial styles which he introduced in the Corps operations and activities enabled him to accomplish so much that only a few could be summarized as follows;
- First ever recorded breakthrough in AJ operation by arresting vandals and impounding many trucks, trailers, cars, motorcycles and many more
- Broke the jinx in first ever anti-vandalization arrest and stock the Army barracks with all the exhibits including vandalized petroleum pipes.
- He also motivated and aroused the interest of the Rivers State Government under the leadership of Governor Amaechi for allocating the first ever acquired NSCDC exhibit yard in the whole country, Irrebe Exhibit Yard Port Harcourt.
- Image building of the corps with member of the public, government and sister agencies.
- Penetration and deployment of 50 armed/unarmed officers to Ibom International Airport to actualize the Corps mandate.
- Through his tireless effort in projecting the Corps and protecting the State, the Akwa-Ibom State Governor, Godswill Akpabio personally invited Commandant Pedro and made NSCDC a permanent member of State Security Council in 2013.
- Acquired second ever NSCDC Itam Exhibit Yard from the Akwa Ibom State Government; a vast land measuring 2 hectares of land and the exhibit yard was also stocked with many arrested tankers, trucks, barge, motorcycles and many more.
- Hosted one of the best stakeholders’ forum on oil theft, vandalization and insurgency which was attended by the Governor, Commandant General and was chaired by Senator Ita Enang.
- Sealing of 3 filing stations and judgment obtained in favour of NSCDC.
- Through his aggressive approach in Corps activities, Governor Rochas Okorocha graciously donated newly renovated schools with four buildings of which two are storey buildings to Imo State Command and Zone E Headquarters use.
- Sealing of a filing station illegally dealing in petroleum product and judgment obtained in favour of NSCDC.
- Acquiring an office extension and making parameter fencing of the Imo State Command.
- Convincing the Kwara State Governor to make the NSCDC a full member of the Security Council other than the usually security committee meeting that NSCDC has been attending.
- Repositioning of the corps to the acceptable standard of the people and government of Kwara State.
- Arrest of illegal miners at Ijagbo in Oyun LGA of Kwara State
- Recovery of two (2) soundproof generators, a transformer and other NITEL properties from suspected vandals who were currently being prosecuted.
- Sealing of three (3) fake/unlicensed lubricant producing factories in Ilorin Kwara State.