With the signing into law of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps Act No. 2 of 2003 and Amendment Act of 2007, the PGC Department is empowered through the Corps to Licence, Supervise and Monitor activities of Private Guard Companies. Thus, our mission statement is: To contribute towards the development of security structures that will ensure the protection and assurance of the civil public life, property and curb criminality.
Below are the requirements which must be fulfilled before a Private Guard Company can be registered and licensed.
1. Application for private guard license addressed to the Commandant General
2. CTC of memorandum and Article of association (2 copies)
3. Photocopies of certificates of incorporation (2copies)
4. Payment of Five hundred thousand naira (500,000.00) only.
5. Tax Clearance Certificate
6. Statement of account
7. Letter from a legal adviser
8. Letter from an auditor
9. Proposed training program
10. Proposed salary structure
11. Veterinary certificate (optional)
12. Personal History Statement (PHS) forms at One hundred thousand naira (100,000.00) only. All directors must obtain one
13. Credentials of directors (2copies) to be attached with PHS form
14. Letter from bankers
15. Eight (8) passport photographs for each of the Directors.
16. Eight (8) full photographs (postcard 5 X 7 inches) of each of the Directors with a white background, with five fingers print and signature signed at the back of the postcard (photograph) in the presence of Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps Officers.
17. Photocopy of the signature page of the Directors in the International passport or National ID Card or Driver’s License and this should be stapled at the back cover of the file jacket.
18. PHS form must be adequately filled by the Directors stating Nil or Not Applicable to portions they do not have answers to and no column should be left unfiled.
19. Attestation letters from referees for each Directors.
20. One uniform sample with photograph of a guard in Uniform (2 copies). All uniforms and accoutrement must not have semblance of any government agency or similar to any other PGCs.
PLEASE NOTE: Payment of application fee is not an authorization to operate. Licenses are required before operations can commence.